Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thoughts From Across the Pond

Is it weird that I felt more comfortabl in the middle east than I do in Europe. I'm not sure what it is, but I think I just miss the talkative people. Even though they typically were wanting to sell me stuff, it's always a good thing to have someone want to talk to you.

It's been a weird couple of days and I think one lesson is standing out: people are more important that places. I'm getting to see these amazing things right now. Today alone I got to see inside of St. Paul's Cathedral, walk down the River Thames and Tower Bridge, and explore the Tower of London. These things were all awesome, and I enjoyed getting to see them, but none of them really matter without people. I definitely miss conversation and familiarity. Comfort is definitely nice for me.

But a few thoughts come to mind over this. First of all, I'm not alone. Jesus has proven time and again that He's right here with me. I have my Creator and Savior right here next to me and I'm not even going out of my way to lean upon Him right now.

Also, I think I'm learning that I find my worth far too much in having people around me. People are good to have, and necesary, but I can't find my value in the number of people I have around me.

And finally, the Lord has given me the money and the means to come to the other side of the world. Maybe it's my turn to do something. He might not put everything into my lap. If I want to meet people, I'm going to have to go out of my way to make it happen.

These are just a few thoughts going through my head. I'd iron them out more, but I'm paying for internet, so no time to proofread. Prayer would be appreciated.

No comments: