Thursday, April 16, 2009

Those Crazy Kids

I think one of the coolest things I've noticed since I got into this country is the behavior of the kids. Kids are kids no matter where you go. It seems that childlikeness is intercultural. Whether I'm at Falls Park on a Sunday afternoon or in Garbage city, I see kids playing and paying very little attention to their surroundings.

That's not to say that these kids don't have issues. Some of them are playing in the streets because if they went home they'd be beaten, and others have no home to go to at all. But when they're really just being kids, there is no difference in how they act. From the American kids to the diplomat kids to the street kids, they all play the same.

I guess this is where I'm supposed to add the deep spiritual significance to this about having childlike faith and whatnot, but I'm not going to. Play with this and let it speak to you in whatever way the Lord let's it speak to you. And please, share your thoughts. But I just thought I'd share a short observation.

No comments: