Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pray For Me My Peeps!

I'm a huge fan of specific prayer, so I thought I might give you guys some specific things I'd love for you to be praying for me while I'm gone.

-Divine appointments: I want to meet the right people on this trip. God knew I'd be doing this before the earth was made, which is a pretty awesome thought. He already knows who I'm going to meet while I'm there and I don't think any of them will be by accident. I want to meet people who need Christ, Christians who need encouragement, and everyone else in between.

-Boldness: It's one thing to have those appointments, it's another to actually seize them. So pray that I have the boldness to seek people out and talk to them. Also that I'm sensitive to hearing God's voice and the things He wants me to say.

-A tender heart: I want to be better at loving people and I think this will be an amazing opportunity to learn more about what that means. Also, I want a tender heart to better be able to hear from my Father.

-Protection: Traveling alone isn't the safest thing in the world, but at the end of the day, if I keep to myself and play it smart, I'll be fine. Fine, but not very Christlike. So pray for protection, but also pray that I live my faith out in such was that I actually need it.

I'll be updating this blog whenever I can and you can also follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/D_Fish and you can send e-mail to me as well at dwfishe@gmail.com.

I'd love to have some encouragement sent my way as well as just hearing about what's going on with you guys. Send me some stuff I can be praying for you all about. My prayer life goes so much better when I have specifics to pray about and not just, "God, bless that person."

I love you guys and I'll miss you all. I can't wait to share all of my pictures and stories!

No comments: