Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Words cannot express

I am so humbled that I get to do what I do with the youth group at my church. I have some of the most amazing guys in the world and tonight just proved that.

I was given the privilege to pray over a few amazing guys tonight who took a stand to say that they know that living a true Christian life could lead to ridicule, but they want to do it anyway and break out of the mold of of listless "Christianity."

It's really amazing to me that when a couple of my guys were moved to tears they sought me out to pray with them. And even talking to a few of them afterwards, some of the things that they said just blew me away. They're only twelve but they seem to get it.

Two things in particular stood out to me after the main service. The first one being a talk I had with one of my guys and hearing him talk about his dad. This guy's dad is taking a major part in his son's spirituality and really is discipling him. He looks up to his dad and thinks there's no one like him in the world. I believe his exact words were, "Even when he's old, he's still going to be really cool." That excites me because that's the kind of dad I want to be.

And the other things that pumps me up is that a few of my guys approached me and Matt, my co leader, about reading through the Bible together. Granted, we decided against their idea of starting in Genesis, but it's just really awesome that they approached us and not the other way around. I know that I didn't start having a quiet time with God until I was a sophomore in college, but the difference it's made in my life has been huge. So seeing that these guys really do want start now just excites me. I am so incredibly unworthy of being able to do what I do, but I'm so glad I get to do it.

No comments: