Saturday, March 15, 2008

Deep Thoughts

Brandon has his small group from church over at the house for the night and it's been fun having guys around the house that are small enough for me to beat up. It's so cool! I hit them and throw them around and they just stand back up like nothing happened! I love middle schoolers!

At one point in the night though, one of the seventh graders exclaimed, "Man, you guys live awesome over here!" He, of course, was referring to the fact that we have a dart board and a PS3 in our living room on top of the fact that we can eat ice cream at 10:30 PM. But it's just a sad realization for me. I'm 23, single, and living the dream life of a 12 year old.

In one way, that's a sad fact, but if you consider the fact that I once was 12 as well, I've really arrived. Granted, that means that that also stands true of some 40 year olds that live in their parent's basement for "a lot cheaper than an apartment, so it really is more financially responsible than moving out" but that's really beside the point.

But that's all beside the point. What really matters is that someone looks up to me!

No comments: