Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!!

I just realized today that this is the first Easter ever where I haven't partaken in the delectable beauty that is a Cadbury egg, yet. It's sad times growing up. I just might have to go hit up a CVS clearance bin tomorrow.

Now, on to the topic at hand. I just finished reading the marvelous C.S. Lewis' book, Perelandra yesterday and I was completely blown away by it. The basic premise of the entire space trilogy, of which this book is the second, is looking at the biblical possibility of life on other planets with the view that they didn't fall as we did. The other worlds are very aware of, not only our fallen state, but of God taking on the form of a man to redeem us. This humble act changes everything in the universe, not just Earth.

Two things about the end of the book stand out to me the most, but, with today being Easter I believe I'll talk about one specifically and address the other in my next post. One line reads, "When He died in the Wounded World, He did not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less." That just blows me away! Jesus didn't die for the all encompassing salvation of mankind. His sacrifice was much more personal than that. It was all done on such an individual level. He brought about, not mankind's salvation, but David's. He views each of us as we are and never as just another face in the crowd.

I can't get over the fact that the God that created everything could even care about me, let alone making a steep sacrifice on my behalf. I'm so thankful for Christ's obedience and He deserves more praise than I can give Him.

Sometimes I tend to get a little stale and emotionless towards my faith. I have a proclivity to so closely associate my faith with my emotions that the latter often overpowers the former. But the fact that Jesus died, not for men, but for David, shows me that it doesn't matter how I feel. My emotions can never change that Christ died for me or how real He is, whether I feel it or not.

Thank You Jesus for your humility, obedience to Your Father and for Your power to overcome death!!!

Happy Easter everyone!!!

No comments: