Friday, March 26, 2010

Fun Facts Friday!

It's that crazy time of the week where you get to learn more about me than you probably wanted to know. I've never been accused of being a private guy, so it's not like I'm opening up Pandora's Box or anything here. But regardless, this week I'm going to share just a few of my life goals to give you an idea of where I'm going. Please take notes as there will be a test.

So, presenting, in no particular order, David's Life Goals:

  1. Visit six out of seven continents. It's nothing personal Antarctica, but unless I get an all expenses paid trip to you, I can see penguins at the zoo. (I've actually hit up four continents already. Just South America and Australia to go, plus a more proper trip to Asia would be nice since I just barely nipped the tip.)
  2. Backpack the Highlands of Scotland with a couple of my guy friends. Not that I have a problem with girls going, I just don't want them to see me in snotty crying mode if the Shetland ponies don't like me.
  3. Go skydiving. Anything that I'm this scared to do is probably something that needs to happen. But logically speaking, this is the most likely goal that will lead to my death, so I might save it for when I'm in my 80's.
  4. Buy a house for each of my kids with cash.
  5. Pay for my kids' and grandkids' college tuitions with cash. (No funny comments for these two. I just think they'd be awesome.)
  6. Get something of mine published in a place where people will actually want to read it. Let's be honest, I have words that need to be heard on a grand scale.
  7. Run a marathon with my wife. This is mainly a precautionary tactic. If she ever runs away from me, I'd like to know if I have a shot at catching her.
  8. Read Moby Dick, Les Miserables, and Atlas Shrugged. Though I realize that at least two of those books are amazing, I mainly would be doing this for pretentious reasons. I mean, it will be awesome to make a reference to these books, and then when people look at me like they don't have a clue what I'm talking about, I'll get to remove my monocle, sneer and say, "Oh...I guess you've never read that before. How quaint." You have to have read at least two of these before you're even allowed to integrate "quaint" into your vocabulary.
  9. Give away $100,000. Again, nothing funny here. But how awesome would it be to write that check to someone who really needs it?
  10. Have a daughter. Hold your aww's. This is for more selfish reasons than it might seem. You see, the thing is, I just inherited a lot of guns and I don't want any of them to go to waste. I might let her start dating when she turns 16. From that point on, let the games begin.
I know that this has been mostly a downer week. In case you're wondering, I'm doing tons better, so no worries there. Next week will be a lot happier. Monday there'll be a crazy cat lady reference and even a story about me freaking out. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

kelly said...

can you add writing a book?
i would read it. you're funny

:)

David said...

I'm glad you think so. Plus, you commented, so you're moving higher up my "people I like" list. :)