Sunday, June 22, 2008

I've come a long way baby

I realize that if you read this blog you'll probably make the incorrect assumption that I only have one religion. To be exact, I have four. Of course Jesus is my first love. But my lesser three have always been of the utmost importance to me, sometimes even taking precedent over my own Christianity, sadly. The other religions include Apple, Coldplay, and Gomez worship.

These are quite possibly my three favorite things in the world. I sadly admit that in my lifetime I've converted more people to Apple and Gomez than to Christianity. Which is made even sadder if you consider the fact that it takes at least $1200 to convert to Apple. But I am narrowing the gap! And I don't feel like Coldplay needs too much evangelism anyway.

But, I feel like I'm making progress as a human being. In my eyes, these things are no longer the embodiment of perfection. Gomez is opening for Dave Matthews in July and I'm not going. In the past I would have paid the outrageous amount for the ticket, driven to Atlanta to see them (leaving before the actual concert of course, since no band is worth sitting through Dave Matthews for), and then zombied my way through the next day because of my lack of sleep.

Coldplay recently released a new album and, while I think it's amazing, I am able to point out obvious flaws in it. (Seriously, who puts six songs on three tracks? Make them six tracks. It makes the album look longer and more worth my money.) And they're coming in concert in November and I find myself unwilling to fork out $80 for a ticket.

And finally, and most amazingly, in the past few months, not only have I seen the MacBook Air and iPhone 3g, but I've understood exactly what they were and decided that despite their awesomeness, I don't need to spent my money on them.

Yay for personal growth!

No comments: