Sunday, May 13, 2007

My church is awesome!

For the longest time I wanted a job at my church. It was only recently that I realized that there's really no need for that and it's not what God wants for my life at this point. But I never really took the time to think about why I wanted to work there until I read this. For so long I had gone to a church that I got absolutely nothing out of that, and when I found a church that actually fed me spiritually, I felt like the only possible option for my life was to work there.

In the week since I've been home I've had to hear about all of the crap going on at my old church and about all of the drama going on there. It's sad. There's so much that they could be doing for God, but they're too busy arguing with themselves and fighting for power. I always kind of laugh at the idea of fighting for power in a dying church. What do you get when you're the king of that mountain? Full rights to decide the color of the bathrooms?

The state of that place makes me sad, but at the same time, it also encourages me about my own church. We are doing everything that we can to spread the Gospel of Jesus. We are aggressive in our faith, and not spiritual pansies who are, at best, passive aggressive. More importantly, we have one focus: Making the name of Jesus famous. So, when I felt a ministerial call on my life, I didn't see how there were any other options for me than to go to work at my church. Since then God has shown me what my purpose is (to a small degree). I'll try to talk more about that later.

For now, continue to pray for me while I'm pursuing a career.

1 comment:

Tessalina Hollydae said...

How was your job interview?!

(Let's hang out this week. I'm leaving for Memphis on Saturday, and I'll be gone for like eight days. We can do the writing thing!)