Monday, September 10, 2007

The Future

I have a lot of stuff going through my head lately. I feel like I'm coming out of this pit I've been in recently. Not a whole lot has changed in most of the areas of my life, but I just feel better about the issues I've been worried about.

I'm still living a home, and I have no full time job but I'm feeling more at peace with those things. I have a prospect for an apartment and by the time it's available I'll hopefully be more financially secure and better able to afford my own place. And, yeah, I'm not exactly at the world's most challenging job right now, but I have no doubt that it's just temporary and God has a reason for me to be there. I don't have any regrets about leaving my old job. That's not where God wanted me, so I'm comfortable saying that leaving was a good move, spiritually speaking (though the money was nice). I agree with my pastor's view on careers. I want my job to be my passion, not just my paycheck.

I have some good stuff coming up. There's a career fair next week at Clemson and I'm going to meet with one of my old professors who wants to help me figure out a path for my life before I go to that. So, all in all, there's some exciting stuff coming up.

Though the light hasn't turned green yet, I feel like God is giving me a small peak at what the road ahead is going to look like. So I'm pretty excited. And I'd much rather be excited than worried.

No comments: