Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Final Thoughts

Well, here I am at the end of my journey. Rome today and tomorrow, then a 19 hour trip home Friday (which I could use some prayer for). I've loved so much of what I've got to see and do these past five weeks. The Lord's favor has been all over me and I've seen it so much in so many little things. Things that I made sure to write down so I could share them later and brag on Him.

I'm not sure what I was expecting to get out of this trip. I went into it knowing that the Lord wanted me to go, but I'm still not sure as to why. But, He has taught me a lot. Tons about myself, and about who He is. I haven't had a huge supernatural experience or anything, I've just known that He's here. It's been pretty amazing.

And on top of the me stuff, I've got to talk about Jesus with a lot of people. For all I know, just one of those conversations could be the whole purpose in me going on this trip.

I appreciate the prayers I've gotten. I'm glad to be able to say that there's nothing that I've done on this trip that I have to keep a secret. That's a blessing straight from God because there were temptations and whatever prayer I was getting definitely kicked in. The Lord was taking care of me.

I'm so excited to see you all again. I'm excited to get back to NewSpring too! I haven't been to church in around three weeks and I can't stand it. I'm excited about American food as well. At some point, someone is going with me to Five Guys next week. Bless their hearts, they try to make hamburgers in Europe, but I'm not sure what happens between the trying and the happening, but it never comes out quite like food.

And finally, I can't wait to get back to Fuse! To be honest, I was getting pretty burned out. I was absolutely ready to quit and not look back, but God's given me a new passion and I can't wait to go full throttle when I get back with my guys.

I'll see most of you all Sunday night at 6 in Greenville, and to everyone else, just give me a call. I'm unemployed now so I have plenty of time. I can't wait to hear what's been going on in your lives this past month.

No comments: