Monday, January 26, 2009

We Need Your Prayers

As some of you know, my dad was diagnosed with cancer around 6 years ago. It was primarily in his spleen and that's still where 80% of it is located now. It's swelled a lot and is pressing on his stomach, making it hard to eat and severely weakening him.

After years of chemo, this Wednesday at 3 o'clock he's going in to have his spleen removed. It's a pretty serious surgery and he really needs your prayers. Specifically he needs your prayers against infection after the surgery since his cancer has left him with a very poor immune system.

My mom, my brother, I and the rest of my family would really appreciate your prayers as well. I know I'm pretty scared at the moment. I'm holding tightly to Jesus right now, as is the rest of my family. He's brought us this far, and I know He'll continue to complete this good work that He's started in us.

"For this light momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison." -2 Corinthians 4:17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i got you