Friday, October 10, 2008

Building the Kingdom

In 2 Corinthians 2:14 it says, "But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere."

Now upon first reading of this, I thought, "Cool, whatever God has in store for me, there's already someone there who's spreading the fragrance of God and preparing for me to get there." Which I think is true, and absolutely amazing. But here's an even better thought. Right now, I'm spreading the fragrance of God for someone else. God is using me to prepare the way for someone else's purpose.

I love how interconnected God has created us to be. I might never see the fruits of some of the things God is doing through me right now, and that's okay because I'm not supposed to. That's for someone else to reap.

This also creates a real conviction for me. I know that I don't want anyone who's preparing the way for me to do it half-heartedly. So I need to do others the same courtesy. I can't afford to be lazy with my life. The Kingdom depends on its citizens to build for one another.

No comments: