Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Purpose

I'd share a little snippet of wisdom I feel God zapped me with the other day. You see, lately I've been praying a lot about purpose and trying to figure out why God has put me here. It was very me focussed. In the Bible we see a lot of people with great purpose; be it Moses, Joshua, Nehemiah, Peter or Paul. But the thing is about all of these people is that their purpose was focussed all on others. These men lead lives that were apart of something much bigger than they ever could be. Their purpose wasn't about them.

Now, their job within their purpose was personal. It focussed on the gifts God had given them. But the purpose was public and a collaborative effort. I've seen that that's just how God made us. He wants us to work together. If I continue to seek a purpose that puts me on a lonely road that I hope leads to success, I'll never find any purpose. Instead I need to seek out people and do the little bit I can to incorporate myself into God's greater purpose. Purpose isn't found in me, it's found in what God can do through me with others.

I could probably expand upon this more, and I might someday, but I think I've written enough long posts for now.

No comments: