Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Gauntlet is coming!

I leave on Sunday night for the Gauntlet and I'm pretty psyched. In case you don't know, the Gauntlet is the youth camp we hold in Panama City, Florida for church. But here's the thing, last year I didn't do any prep work getting ready for it. I just showed up, left, and led a group of guys. God showed up that week, and He completely rocked me. But I can't help but wonder what it would have been like if I had prepared myself and expected God to do something.

So this year I feel burdened to take some extensive time to pray about what's going to happen and not just show up and be surprised. I'm going expecting great things. And if the crazy stuff God's been doing in my life is any indication, I doubt I can comprehend what He's going to do.

So if you're reading this, please take a couple of minutes and pray for this trip. I want every kid that comes on this trip to be changed in some way. If they don't know Jesus, I want they to meet Him. I want kids to confess sin in their life and ask God to help them conquer it. I don't want a kid to get "saved" for the fifth time, but instead to understand that actions can't break a covenant with God. And I want the Spirit to fill these kids up and have crazy Acts 2 stuff happen.

No comments: