Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stupid Christians

In my head right now I have a huge rant going on about this:


I'll give you a second to take in the ignorance.

...

Done? I didn't think so, I'll give you some more time.

...

After reading the full story here, I was decidedly even more angry. The "pastor" actually says, "It's just something to try to stir people's minds. It was never intended to hurt feelings or offend anybody." How does a "pastor" like this get people to follow him? Does he really think God is so small that the idea of a non-christian in the White House terrifies Him? Does this idiot think that God doesn't work through non-christian leaders? It's not as if we've had such wonderful examples of Christian presidents anyway.

Part of me hopes this guys thirty person church dies so that they can't hurt anybody else or ruin the already bad reputation Christianity already has with non-christians. But Jesus died for every person in that church that voted to keep the sign up. They are made in His image and are to be loved. But I do hope God smacks them around and shows them their wrongs. I'm going to be praying for this church, as much as my first instinct is not to. Hopefully God will turn them around.

No comments: