Thursday, August 23, 2007

I need peeps, yo!

I'm pretty sure that my number one fear is to be that guy in his 30's living with his parents. There are probably worse things in the world, such as being the guy in his 30's living with his parents after losing his arms and legs. Actually, that's probably above living with them healthily. There's something that seems almost irredeamable about about living at home for too long.

At this point I'm only 22 and fresh out of college, so living at home isn't that big of a deal, but I fear succumbing to the comfort of having no rent or mortgage and staying there longer than I need to. I have two main thoughts in my head regarding why I need to move out as soon as possible.

-I get along with my parents better when I'm not living with them. I love my parents, but, for some reason, I get annoyed at every little thing they do while I'm with them. I think that the pattern has always been that I get closer to my parents throughout the school year, and then get more distant during the summer.

-I need to have people my own age in my life. I've spent the past two and a half months surrounded by either my parents or people old enough to be my parents. I need to have some regular access to my peers to get along better. The problem here comes from the fact that everyone that I could live with is currently in school, therefore they have no need for a roommate seeing as how they already have one.

So, for the sake of my sanity, if you need a roommate, let me know!

1 comment:

Tessalina Hollydae said...

Hey.

I wanted you to know that you're awesome.

I'm very doubtful of a lot of things, but people like Trey, and you and Ali, make me sure of my faith in God (because ending up with people like you who care about me is too good to be luck).

Sorry for getting sappy. But you're absolutely one of my best friends, and you should know that every day.

Peas ow-t.