Wednesday, April 25, 2007

God's Peace

What I'm realizing more and more is that God is awesome. He is showing me how much I need him and through all of that, I'm wanting more and more to get closer to Him. The peace that He gives is absolutely amazing. I have no idea where I'm going to find a job in the coming months, but I'm not worried about it. He's going to take care of me and that gives me so much peace.

I've given up watching the news. I don't even like watching the Daily Show anymore when it has politicians on. There's so much crap going on in the world, and I can't stand the fact that I know the answer to peace but don't know how to get the message out. Or, more accurately, I know how to get the message out, I just don't do it. World peace isn't going to come through me telling President Bush that he needs to daily surrender his position to Christ. It isn't even converting Kim Jong-il to Christianity. The world will change when I start telling the people I have access to about Christ and how much He loves them.

I'm sick of living in a world where a politician will come along and tell the world that he or she should be president because they can save the world. They're essentially painting themselves to be false christs that will save the world through their actions and that will never happen. Hope isn't found in politics, it's found in Christ. I just need to grow a pair and start telling everyone I meet about Him.

No comments: