Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Someone I'm thankful for

I'm taking Steven Furtick's advice and taking the time to single out my buddy John Flowers. He has, by far, been the most influential person in my life this past year and I just want to take a minute to brag about him.

He has encouraged me when I needed encouragement, been a ball buster when I needed to get called out on my crap, and been an all around fun friend when I needed that too.

Earlier this year he challenged me and gave me the advice that led to my ending a relationship that I knew God didn't want me in. And if he hadn't had the guts to be a challenging friend I might still be disobediently in that relationship now.

We had a talk in the parking lot at NewSpring a couple of months ago and I was vocalizing my frustration about my job situation and overall station in life and he took time to specifically encourage me and reminded me that if I'm where I'm am then God has a reason for it and He's preparing me for something. Those words still get me through some of the rougher days.

He's been the guy who has been able to specifically point out how God has been working in my life and show me changes that He's doing in me that I might not be able to see otherwise. He's also reminded me of how far God's brought me from where I was.

He's an amazingly Godly man. Anyone can recite theology, but a person's true beliefs are communicated through actions and I can safely say that I know what John believes because I see him live it. He's so in love with Jesus and he challenges me to pursue Jesus even more. He demonstrates what a man of God is.

I'm a stronger Christian and a better man for having him as a friend. And if you end up reading this buddy, I just want to tell you thanks for being such an awesome friend and a great encouragement in my life. God's doing and will continue to do absolutely ridiculous things through you!

Take the time to tell someone that you're thankful for them in some way in the next 24 hours.

1 comment:

scmurray15 said...

John Flowers is the man! I second David's motion.