Sunday, September 14, 2008

David Update

So, on top of the fact that I don't write on here nearly as much as I wish I did, I also very rarely give "David updates" on what's going on in my life. I typically learn something really cool about God, write about it, try to sound deeper than I really am, and move on with my time. So here's a (seemingly) fun, "where I'm at" post. This is definitely a post for those who know me and want some details about what's going on in my life. I'm not sure it'll be very entertaining, so feel free to skip it if you find that kind of stuff very trite.

I'm a pretty happy kid right now. I'm working in more of a leadership role in starting up the youth group at Greenville NewSpring which is taking up a little more of my time, and I'm sure will take up even more time in the near future. I'd love a new job, but I'm getting along great with the people there. And, the thing is, because I'm doing more with the youth group, it's really helpful having set hours that allow me to do all of the evening stuff I need to do. Not to mention, there's about three days in the week where I have very little to do at work, so that's going to come in handy more and more as I start contacting more people for church stuff. So, as much as it might suck, my job is actually pretty ideal for my situation.

God's blessed me with some amazing "new" friends lately. I say "new" but in reality I've known these people for a while. But in the past few months we've all sort of started hanging out and getting closer. It's pretty awesome. There are two married couples in the bunch, but thankfully John is there to be my date every time. I'm not sure what I'll do when he starts dating someone. I don't really like to think about it. So could we just move on?

My family's awesome, though we are going through some rough times. Dad's having a harder time with his treatments for his leukemia this time around. (And I spelled leukemia right on the first try!) And there's been some other illness throughout, but God's getting so much glory out of the whole situation. However, prayers are always welcome and appreciated.

When I get to see my roommates we have a blast. But that seems to be happening less and less lately. Brandon has officially picked Megan over me, and it's a little heartbreaking. But, I can't blame him, I'd have done the same. She's much prettier than me, after all.

My relationship with God has been a little weird lately. He's definitely been a lot more silent with me, which is rough because of how vocal He's been in the past few months. It's hard to adjust to and I've been wondering what I'm doing wrong, but I know that's not the case at all. This is just a time to be faithful to what He's told me in the past and be patient until He speaks again.

Favorite color: Blue

Most annoying thing: Getting crap in the little speaker holes of my computer. You just can't clean in there.

Currently reading: 1 Samuel and Harry Potter. (Saul and Snape sure are misunderstood fellas.)

Wish I had: An iPhone.

Girlfriend: No time. I'm dating Jesus. (How disturbing of a sentiment is that for a guy to say?)

Missing: Theresa. (She just doesn't love me enough to call.) And Josh. (I hope Europe doesn't turn your sense of humour too dry. (I threw in that extra u just for you buddy.))

Google Reader subscribers: 2 (And that's more than I expected. I'm not sure who the second person is and that bothers me a little.)

2 comments:

Tessalina Hollydae said...

Dood, that makes me sad that you think I don't love enough to call. I'm just too pregnant to call.

I'm probably coming to church on sunday or next sunday (can't decide). What are your service times? I'm pretty psyched.

Tessalina Hollydae said...

Hey, I'm praying for your dad and believing in healing.